About Me

Atiqah Syahmina . 6 June 1998. 16.
My other blog- old blog
Made this blog on 30th January 2014

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Contact Lens

At first sight
it looks so little
round the shape
smaller than my smallest fingernail

The power it have
unimaginable
what man kind can do

That small contacts
can make a lot of difference
to my two eyes

The two eyes
that has loss a lot of power

Because of my ignorance
all this years

There I am
6 years old maybe
sitting close to the tv screen

There I am
9 years old
playing the computer game all night long

There I am
12 years old
reading novels in the dead of the night
without the lights switch on

Because of my ignorance
all this years

I have to wear spectacles

It came in
round
square
oval even
the kind of spectacle I used to wear

At first I wore them
but as time past by
I became bored of it
I wanted something new

I think that I am ready
for the big league

What's the big league
you ask?
It is the contact lens

One small contact lens can make a lot of difference
to my poor eyesight

The pair of eyes
that used to see things
without any help

But all gone
because of my ignorance

The ignorance
that resulted
in me wearing spectacle
at the young age of 8

And now
After a few years with spectacle
I am with the big league now

Running around
Jumping around
and
Playing around
without a spectacle perch on my nose

Because of the contact lens
I can see once more
without the help of a spectacle.

-Atiqah